THE SACRAL CHAKRA
Your sex glands are producers of hormones, which are used to stimulate various functions and development of structure at particular times of your life cycle. They don’t just work on your sexual characteristics but also play a large role in many of your body’s processes.
For one the immune system is very much influenced by sex hormones. We should always have some level of sex hormones in us, regardless of our age. The sex glands have a control mechanism to keep these levels appropriate to our circumstances.
- produce sperm (spermatozoa)
- produce male sex hormones like testosterone
- eggs are stored
- estrogen, progesterone & androgen are manufactured.
Like the ovaries, testes are components of both the reproductive system (being gonads) and the endocrine system (being endocrine glands). Both classes of male and female hormones are present in both males and females alike, but in vastly different amounts.
In our culture, we are taught to view sex in terms of pleasure and reproduction. Sex in moderation maintains our health and nerve balance.
Heal Your Sexuality – You have the right to feel & to have pleasure
Identity – Self Gratification
The Demon To Conquer – GUILT
Developed From – 6 – 24 Months
DEFICIENT: Emotionally numb, fear of sex & intimacy, rigid in body & attitudes, lack of passion
EXCESS: Excessively strong emotions (hysteria & mood swings), sex addiction & manipulation, addiction
PHYSICAL MALFUNCTIONS THAT CAN MANIFEST:
Disorders of the reproductive organs, spleen, bladder, kidneys, menstrual difficulties, lower back pain, sexual dysfunction
BALANCED: Emotionally balanced with an ability to experience pleasure. Can interact easily with others
According to kundalini yoga texts, “about 90% of your sexual energy is used to repair and rejuvenate the organs of the body. The seminal fluids produced in the male and female contain high concentrations of minerals and elements that are crucial to proper nerve balance and brain functioning. The sexual fluid is reabsorbed by the body if it is allowed to mature. Its essence, or ojas, is transported into the spinal fluid. Running your mind without the ojas is like running a car without oil—you wear out quickly”.
The meditation below is called Sat Kriya – an entire yoga class in one posture. It is said to be one of the most powerful practices in the kundalini yoga tradition as it is a sequence that works on all levels of your being – known and unknown. The benefits are also listed below. ‘Sat Nam’ means ‘my name is truth’ and it is one of the most powerful mantras at your disposal that can help you reprogram your cellular memory.
Yogi Bhajan the master of kundalini yoga explains that sexual experiences get imprinted into our auric body which is then impressed with all the sexual experiences we have shared in our life. It is very important for us to be able to clear these energies in order to keep our aura strong and clear.
- Strengthens the entire sexual system
- Stimulates its natural flow of energy.
- Relaxes phobias about sexuality.
- Allows you to control the insistent sexual impulse by rechanneling sexual energy to creative and healing activities in the body.
- People who are severely maladjusted or who have mental problems benefit from this kriya since these disturbances are always connected with an imbalance in the energies of the lower three chakras.
- General physical health is improved as all internal organs receive a gentle rhythmic massage
- The heart gets stronger from the rhythmic up-and-down of blood pressure you generate from the pumping motion of the navel point.
- This exercise works directly on stimulating and channeling the kundalini energy, so it must always be practiced with the mantra “Sat Nam.”